Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Are we really ready for this?!

Well here we are again. It’s hard to believe that Eric and I are beginning the journey that is feels like we just completed. The first week of May should tell us if another baby is on the way. Are we really ready to do this again?! I have no idea but we do know that we want another wonderful baby to love as we love Jack.

It’s hard to imagine loving this new baby as much as I love Jack. Part of the reason we waited was because I wasn’t ready to share my life with anyone else, even if it was another child. I like the little bubble that the three of us live in and I didn’t want anything to change. Jack is a pretty attached child that wants his mommy and daddy when he wants them, which seems like all the time. I certainly don’t mind this but I often wonder how we will be able to divide our attention. We’ll figure it out I’m sure and there will be an adjustment period for all of us.

As I write this, I am trying to get through the week but most of my focus is on whether or not this will be the month. I’m trying not to be so “type A” about everything but who am I kidding it’s who I am! As one website put it, “it’s never too early to speculate.” So true. Sometimes I wish I could sleep until next week. Fortunately, this weekend we will celebrate Easter and be busy with all the festivities surrounding this special day. Last year Jack was sick and in no shape for church or an Easter egg hunt. This year will be much different (I hope.)

No one will see this site until we announce the news but I feel like I have to get out this restlessness somehow. With every little pseudo symptom I think, could I feel nauseated because I’m pregnant or because I ate too many chips? Most likely the later…So, as I count down the days, this will be my outlet. I hope you all enjoy the (sometimes crazy) thoughts that I feel like I have to get down on paper. I’m sure one day I will look back on this with fondness and I’m sure my kids will think I’m nuts.

Hoping to post some good news soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment