Friday, April 29, 2011

It Looks Like We're Having a Baby!

Wow, what a week it has been. I told Eric the news the afternoon I found out. I planned to have Jack wearing a shirt that said, I’m the Big Brother. There was a little problem with my plan when I found Jack sleeping all the way home that afternoon. I knew he was going to be cranky and clingy when we got to the house.

When we arrived he seemed excited to go see Daddy so I put the shirt on him but as soon as I put him on the floor, he started crying and didn’t want me to put him down. I quickly took off the shirt and put it in my purse to try again later. 20 minutes past and Eric was outside trying to get the grill started. I put the shirt on Jack and we walked out the front door and around the house to meet him in the back. He didn’t notice Jack’s shirt until I said to Jack, “show daddy your new shirt.” Eric looked, stopped what he was doing and looked at me with a look that said, “are you serious?” Then he got this cute grin on his face.

I think we are both still in shock. I never expected it to be this easy this time around. My due date is January 6. I went to the doctor on April 27th to get everything confirmed and I turned 4 weeks yesterday. Today I went in to have my hormone levels checked to make sure everything is as it should be.

I am getting pretty tired during the day but no morning sickness yet. It didn’t kick in though until 5 weeks with Jack…just the time I am in DC for work. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment