Tuesday, August 23, 2011

I am so relieved!

Eric and I went to my first ultrasound yesterday to see the baby. I was more nervous than ever! I thought for sure I was going to puke and it wasn't because of the morning sickness. I just couldn't bare another problem. As soon as the tech started, I could tell that the baby was bigger than last time and then I could see the precious heartbeat! I was so happy but not completely relieved until she told me that the heart rate was 160 beats per minute. Praise the Lord! That is a strong heart rate and while we are not completely out of the woods, our chance for miscarriage drops significantly. That rate is actually what Jack's was at around 9 weeks. Maybe another boy?

I go back in one week for my health educator appointment and then again on September 7 to see if they can hear the heartbeat on the doppler. Then I go back at 12 weeks for my regular scheduled appointments. I think at that time we will tell Jack. I can't wait! I've posted a picture below. What a cute little jelly bean!


No comments:

Post a Comment