Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Wow what an amazing month!

I am such a terrible blogger! I have been so busy for the last three weeks that I haven't had the time to blog. I was on vacation August 1 - 10 and then so busy catching up at work. We had a great time on vacation at Emerald Isle that I hated to see it end. We spent the first few days with my mom, brother and sister-in-law and then met Eric's family to close out the week.

The biggest news is that I'M PREGNANT! I still can't believe it's true! How have we been so blessed! I found out on July 27th but the line was so super faint that I didn't tell Eric or my mom (she was in town at the time.) The next day I tested again and sure enough, the line was there! So almost 2 months after our miscarriage we have the opportunity to become parents again. God is good!

I waited to call the doctor until August 1 because I didn't want to go in too early. I went in for blood work and my beta was 153. The nurse said that was a good number and that I would need to repeat the test in 2 days. Well, since I was leaving for vacation the next day, I wasn't able to do that. I was fine with it. Those tests are only for reassurance anyway. The did put be on Progesterone supplements just to be on the safe side. I went back in when I got back from the beach and my numbers were 9659, which was great. I was a little worried because had I not taken a test, I would never have known I was pregnant. I felt no different whatsoever, until 5 weeks hit. Then the morning sickness began and it hasn't let up.

The sickness is very different from last time so I'm hoping that is a good sign. I asked for a prescription of Zofran yesterday, which helps some. The insurance will only cover 26 pills per
month (What??!) so I'm trying not to take them unless I really can't take it.

Today I am 6 weeks 2 days and am looking forward to my ultrasound on August 22. I will be 7w1d then and we should see a heartbeat. The nurse said they wanted to bring me in around 6 weeks but I asked them to push that out some. I didn't want there to be any uncertainty this time around.

I am due on April 8th (Easter Sunday!), which is going to be very close to Jack's birthday. That should be interesting :) I've posted some pictures below of my tests. The first one is the second test and next to it is the third. Light right?

Here we go again! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment