Wednesday, November 2, 2011

17w 3day Appointment


I went into this appointment thinking that I probably hadn't gained much weight because I really haven't been eating much more than I normally do. I really haven't been all that hungry. I was very wrong. I gained 6 pounds in ONE month! I just don't know what to say. The doctor said it was ok but that he didn't want me to gain 6 pounds every month. I'm hoping it was my breakfast bar and coffee (decaf) that I had before the appointment. I'm trying not to worry about it but have started watching what I eat.

The baby's heartbeat was strong and around 152. All is well. Next week we'll have the anatomy scan and I can't wait to see the baby again! We debated taking Jack with us but I think we'll leave him at his Nan's house. The appointment could be 30 minutes or more and I don't think he'll sit there that long.

I talked to the doctor about being induced or not and it doesn't look like I'll have much of a choice. Contrary to what my hematologist says, they do not what me on blood thinners when I give birth because that increases the chances of bleeding more. Hopefully we can just wait as long as possible before they induce. I know it will be within a week of the due date, so anywhere between March 31 and April 7. Last time they induced with Jack and I had not progressed at all. The doctor was afraid they would have to give me another round of pitocin. I don't want that to happen again.

Ok, pic of me at 17 weeks. I'll let you know how it goes next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment