Friday, November 11, 2011

Well, I just couldn't do it. 18w6d

I thought I could wait to find out what we're having but I just couldn't! Eric and I went in, I gave the tech the card and told her what we were planning. Toward the end of the ultrasound, she told me she was getting ready to measure the legs so I might see something if I looked. I didn't turn away and I really thought I saw something. At the very end I said, ok, we want to know! She asked me what I thought it was and I said boy. She said you're right! Yay! We're having another sweet boy! I was hoping for another boy like Jack. I know all kids are different but it's going to be so great for him to have a little brother.

We got to see the baby yawn, play with the umbilical cord and bounce around. It is such a neat experience. I could feel the baby while she was doing the scan. Everything looked perfect and the baby is measuring 3 days ahead, which is totally normal. The pictures we have aren't that great but I'll try to post some. The heart rate was 154. I was kind of starting to think it was going to be a girl.

I go back in on December 9 for a routine checkup at 22weeks then I go in at 26 weeks for the diabetes testing, and I'll get another ultrasound at 28 weeks to check on the growth. Things are really moving fast now!

Eric and I went over to his grandma's house to tell them and Jack. We told Jack alone and he just looked at us when we said he was going to have a little brother but when we asked if he was excited he said yes! The we wanted him to tell everyone else. He wouldn't do it for a few minutes but then told everyone he was going to have a little brother! I think he's excited. :)

This 11/11/11 is turning out to be a pretty great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment