Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Goodbye 2011, welcome 2012!

Christmas was wonderful this year. It felt like we went all out on decorations, drove around to look at lights all month long, made cookies, saw Santa, visited with family and enjoyed each other’s company. I certainly can’t complain. Jack was really into Christmas this year and understood more about Santa and the elves. The elves visited our house each night to leave him a candy cane if he was a good boy that day. They would then report back to Santa. Every morning Jack would look for that candy cane and say, “The elves came!” It was so fun to watch. He wasn’t ready to sit on Santa’s lap but he did like seeing him. We also wrote a letter to Santa, which was reciprocated on Christmas Eve. J

One of my favorite moments was Jack’s Christmas pageant at church. He was among 15 or so children and had some verses to say while he was dressed as an angel. We practiced all month long and that child knew his lines. They were, “For behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy which shall be to all people For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Savior, who is Christ the Lord.” I mean he was ready! When he walked out as an angel my heart melt ed. I sat in the front row in case something happened. Well, after about a minute, he start

ed walking down to me and said he was all done. He wanted his costume off. I tried for a second to keep it on but to no avail. Then it was his turn, I was throwing off his costume and begging him to say his lines. After what seemed like 5 minutes of silence, I grabbed the microphone and asked him to say it to me. He finally did but the mic was turned down and no one heard him. Hahahaha. I have to laugh because it really was priceless.



We also decided it was time to potty-train Jack. I had a feeling that he wouldn’t go on the floor if he had no pants on so that is what I decided to do. Sure enough after about a day of reminders, he told me when he had to go potty! He’s only had a few accidents and I feel so blessed! I guess he wasn’t ready until now and this morning he told me he was going to teach baby how to go to the potty. J No more diapers for us! (except for night time).

Other than my miserable cold that I had almost the entire two-weeks I was off, it was a great Christmas and now on to 2012!

I have an appointment with my Dr. on Friday for my glucose screening and growth ultrasound. I can’t wait to see our little guy! He’s been more active lately and I feel him more from left to right so I’m wondering if he’s trying to flip to head-down. He is still super low and constantly on my bladder, which is no fun. I let you know more after my appointment on Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment