Wednesday, September 21, 2011

First OB appointment 11w3d

I finally had my first ob appointment at 11 weeks 3 days. After waiting for an hour in the waiting room, I finally saw the doctor. We just went over the normal stuff. They like to induce around 39 weeks instead of 38 like they did last time. That is fine with me because I want this baby to stay in there as long as possible. That will put me at April 1. That will help with planning Jack's birthday party and I'll be able to pull that off before the baby comes.

First the nurse listened for the heartbeat and she found it pretty quickly. It was 164, which is higher than what Jack's was at this same time. His was 155. I still think it will be a boy, which I will love. :) I am going back on Friday for the ultrasound and am really looking forward to it. I can't wait to see how much the baby has grown. I'll post pictures as soon as I can.

We haven 't told Jack the news yet but have been talking about babies in general. The other day we asked him if he would like to have a baby in the house and he said yeah. We also asked if he would like a girl or a boy and he said girl. (that changes frequently.) He said he would let the baby sleep in his crib and play with his toys. I can't wait to tell him that he will be a big brother. I think we're going to wait as long as we can...maybe once we find out the gender or until he asks why I'm so big. He hasn't said anything so far. He will be such a wonderful big brother.

My morning sickness seems to be improving. I can stop taking the prometrium on Sunday, which should help with the nausea. I feel sickest at night instead of all day. I see the light at the end of the tunnel!

No comments:

Post a Comment