Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Needed a little reasurrance

Today I went in for my health educator appointment. I know what you might be thinking, "I thought that was last week?" Well it was and when I went in last Thursday for the appointment, I was told I missed it and that it was the day before. What?! How did I mix that up? So then I asked if it could be the same day as my ob appointment on Sept 7? Oh, well because you did not come in for the health ed. appointment, they cancelled your ob appointment. What?!! Apparently you have to have you health ed appointment first. UGH. The next time they could get me in is September 20 - Almost three weeks away.

So, back to today. I was able to reschedule my health ed appointment for today. There they went over my responsibility and the insurance responsibility and then medical history. Today I've been feeling a little uneasy about how the pregnancy was progressing. Not for any real reason except that I'm feeling somewhat better today. I guess that instead of enjoying it, I worry. It's who I am! So I remembered a nurse telling me that if I ever wanted to come in for a heartbeat check I could for free. So, I asked for that today.

I was taken back to an exam room and the nurse started off by warning me that they usually don't do this until 10 weeks because it's possible that they won't be able to find it. Well I remembered that they were able to find it with Jack at 9w3d. After a few minutes she couldn't find it and went to grab someone else. This person was able to find the beautiful sound in about 2 minutes. I was praying so hard! The heartbeat was 170 and strong. Whew! I feel so relieved. Now I can wait the next few weeks for my ob appointment. So happy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment