Tuesday, September 27, 2011

NT Scan 11w6d

Last Friday I had my NT Scan, which is where the ultrasound tech looks at the baby to see if there are any signs of Down Syndrome. They measure the thickness of the skin on the neck and then they look at the nose bone. Eric wasn't able to come because he had a test, which was a bummer for both of us.

So, I go in for the ultrasound and see that the baby is directly on its head! I mean completely upside down! He (I say he b/c it's just easier) was upside down with his neck against me and looking away. We tried everything to get him to move. We pushed on my belly, I walked, jumped and wiggled around but nothing. Even after all that there was no movement! He was still in the same position. I did see him move a leg and squirm a bit but that's it. I guess he was perfectly
comfy where he was. I did get a few pictures. They aren't that great but I'll post one profile picture below.

So, because they couldn't get the measurements, I get to go back Thursday to try again. And the best part is that Eric gets to come with me! So, more pictures to come.



1 comment:

  1. Your little one is giving you a run for your money right off the bat LOL. So glad that you get to go back and that Eric will be able to be a part of it. You guys have had quite an adventure getting to this point so enjoy every minute! :-) Thank you for sharing with me. I loved looking at the photos (you look great) and reading about the baby.

    ReplyDelete