Saturday, May 14, 2011

Not as far along as they thought

My appointment yesterday was not a great as I was hoping. According to the doctor's dating system, I was 6 weeks yesterday. We go in for the ultrasound and all they see is a yolk sac and I was measuring 5 weeks 1 day. You can imagine my disappointment and worry at that point. The ultrasound tech said that my dates could be off and not to worry.

We waited FOREVER to see the doctor and he said that their dating system is based on a 28 day cycle and mine is more like 33 days. He said given that, I am exactly where I should be and everything looks great. That made me feel better but until I see that heart beating, I won't relax. I have to go back in on May 26 to have another ultrasound. I'll be 7 weeks by then.

I am going to try to keep busy so I won't go crazy but that is going to be tough. My due date will be later - around January 11. All I can do is pray. I know this is not in my hands but in God's and I have to trust that he knows what is best and is in control. So for now we wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment